Adult Education Resources
- Experience Unlimited Contra Costa Chapter: (EUCCC) is a volunteer network of business professionals who come together to provide a supportive environment that empowers our members with self-help job search and marketing skills and to provide a forum for professional networking and sharing job leads.
- The Labor Market Information Division (LMID) is the official source for California Labor Market Information. The LMID promotes California's economic health by providing information to help people understand California's economy and make informed labor market choices. We collect, analyze, and publish statistical data and reports on California's labor force, industries, occupations, employment projections, wages and other important labor market and economic data.
- Opportunity Junction: Helps low-income Contra Costa residents get and keep good jobs by providing training, support, experience, and employer introductions. When we work together, motivated job seekers get what they need to launch a career. Their success makes their families and our community stronger.
- Sparkpoint: If you are struggling to make ends meet, you might not have time to get help at multiple locations or know what programs are available to you. That’s why United Way created SparkPoint: to provide one-stop Bay Area financial help and education centers where low-income residents can access a full range of free services.
- Big Future: Financial Aid advice from the College Board. Visit bigfuture.collegeboard.org for more information.
- California Dream Act Application: Visit dream.csac.ca.gov for more information.
- Dreamer's Roadmap (App)- Scholarships for Dreamers. Visit dreamersroadmap.com for more information.
- DVC Undocually: Learn about the history, laws, and policies affecting undocumented students. Visit dvc.edu/student-services/dvc-dreamers/ally.html for more information.
- Fastweb: Search Engine for Scholarships. Visit fastweb.com for more information.
- California Department of Managed Healthcare: Assistance and advice on health plans 1-888-466-2219. Visit healthhelp.ca.gov for more information.
- La Clinica Community Health Services, including medical, dental and vision. Concord, Oakley, and Pittsburg. Visit www.laclinica.org for more information.
- Lifelong Medical Care: Volunteer run clinics in Richmond, San Pablo, and Pinole. Visit lifelongmedical.org for more information.
- Rotacare: Free clinic with locations in Concord, Pittsburg, and Richmond. Also, a good volunteer opportunity for students in the medical field. Visit rotacarebayarea.org for more information.
- Contra Costa County Affordable Housing Links: cccounty.us/4807/Affordable-Housing
- Contra Costa County Independent Living Skills Program: Housing and other assistance for current/former foster youth. Visit ehsd.org/children/independent-living-skills-program-about-us for more information.
- Homeless shelters and supportive housing in Contra Costa County: shelterlistings.org/county/ca-contra_costa-county.html
- Shelter INC. (shelterinc.org) or call the Golden Number to access all their services (925) 338-1038. Must be a Contra Costa County Resident.
Mental Health/Substance Abuse
- Contra Costa Crisis Center- www.crisis-center.org (online chat), 211 (information/referrals), 1-800-833-2900 (24 hour crisis line), 1-800-837-1818 (grief counseling) 1-800-808-6444 (Homeless)
- DrugRehab.com: Provides information, resources, and treatment for people battling addiction and related conditions. DrugRehab.com's mission is to equip patients and families with the best information, resources and tools to overcome addiction and pursue lifelong recovery. They are here to help you or your loved one every step of the way.
- Stand for Families Free of Violence: Resources for victims of violence and abuse in Contra Costa County. offices in Antioch, Bay Point, Concord and Richmond. Visit standffov.org for more information.
- Ujima Family Recovery Services: Substance abuse recovery in and outpatient programs, parenting education, pregnancy support, anger management and counseling. Outpatient centers in Concord, Pittsburg, Richmond.
- Acalanes Adult School: Visit acalanes.k12.ca.us for more information.
- Contra Costa College: Visit contracosta.edu for more information.
- Contra Costa County Office of Education: Visit cccoe.k12.ca.us for more information.
- Diablo Valley College: Visit dvc.edu for more information.
- Future Build: Construction and Solar Energy Training in Pittsburg. Visit futurebuildec.com for more information.
- Liberty Adult Education: Visit libertyadulted.org for more information.
- Los Medanos College: Visit losmedanos.edu for more information.
- Martinez Adult Education: Visit mae-martinez-ca.schoolloop.com for more information.
- Mt. Diablo Adult Education: Visit mdae-mdusd-ca.schoolloop.com for more information.
- NorCal Laborers Apprenticeships: Construction/Craft Laborer. Visit norcalaborers.org/Training/Apprenticeship.htm for more information.
- Pittsburg Adult Education Center: Visit pittsburg.k12.ca.us/paec for more information.
- Tradeswomen: Promotes women in trades, has information about apprenticeships. Visit tradeswomen.org for more information.
- West Contra Costa Adult Education Center: Visit wccae.info for more information.